Community-based tourism, cultural tourism and responsible travel in Colombia...
The Criollo travel experience is quite simply a full-on crash-test-course on the delights, peculiarities and trivialities of Colombian life. So, don't be surprised if you develop a sudden fascination for magical realism, religion, nature and football. Ride on local horses off the beaten track.Learn about coffee in the charming town of Salento and play Tejo in Villa Leyva.
This excursion highlights some of the most contrasting regions in the country. From breathtaking Villa de Leyva to the wild Amazon Rainforest, through the charming Coffee region and back to Bogota, the nation's capital - it's a complete Colombia travel experience.
Duration: 11 nights & 12 days (start / finish point Armenia)
- Become a coffee connoisseur
- Swim in the magical Amazon, cruise by canoe like a local
- Get involved in a traditional wool-workshop
- Share locally with indigenous communities and families
- Taste the life of a local farmer
- Discover the beautiful town of Villa de Leyva
- Ride on Willy’s jeeps from Salento to Cocora Valley
Hotel, Hostel, Traditional coffee farm, Bungalow, Self-sufficient farm
11 nights, double or multiple accommodation on beds or hammocks