- Why Us
- Our Crew
Welcome to More Local, your Experiential Tour Operator in Colombia. We are a group of travel experts committed to promoting cultural tourism, community-based tourism and eco-tourism in Colombia. We are all about highlighting the human aspect of travel.
All of our tours and excursions in Colombia embrace responsible travel and incorporate eco-friendly practices. A percentage of each travel experience sold is automatically allocated to our meaningful travel project in San Juan de Soco, Colombian Amazon and a reforestation project in Antioquia & Nariño.
At More Local we design our own itineraries based on the independent-style of travel we love to do ourselves, so although we travel as a small group, you will not lose your independence. We operate directly through local community-based partners to ensure you travel the local way.
Our travel experiences can also be tailor-made.
This cycling tour highlights Bogota´s iconic “Ciclorutas” (bike paths). Cycle through some of Bogota’s most popular spots.
- Explore Bogota’s hip northern neighbourhoods
- Bike through backstreets
- Cycle on Bogota´s iconic “Ciclorutas” (bike paths)
- Visit historic Usaquen, Parque 93 and Zona T
Discover Bogota’s city centre on this walking tour through La Candelaria. Enjoy culinary delights and visit Bogota´s first printing house.
- Feast on hot cocoa, chicha & empanadas
- Visit Chorro de Quevedo & Plaza de Bolivar
- Discover Bogota’s uprising street art
- Explore Colombia´s contrasting culture and politics
Want to know the best places in Bogota to eat? Discover Colombia´s delightful local cuisine on this Bogota tour.
- Visit Paloquemao market
- Walk through Bogota´s colourful old town
- Experience 77 years of “Cachaco” tradition
- Discover exquisite local coffees
Discover Bogota’s trendy nightlife on this tour. Sample a vast array of local beers in legendary corner shops, pubs and family-owned Tejo venues.
- Play Colombia’s unofficial national sport: Tejo
- Enjoy Colombia´s finest beers
- Discover Bogota’s nightlife in Usaquen and Zona T
- Finish off at Andres D.C. restaurant/bar
Discover one of the most famous underground cathedrals in South America! Visit the underground Salt Cathedral in the quaint town of Zipaquira.
- Take the scenic route to Zipaquira
- Enjoy a guided visit of the Salt Cathedral
- Take in the idealic countryside
- Admire the local architecture
Drive through beautiful countryside before arriving at Guatavita town for a snack. Discover the famous Guatavita Lagoon, home to the legend of El Dorado.
- Explore the gorgeous countryside
- Enjoy a local lunch
- Hike to the famous Lagoon
- Learn about the indigenous Muiscas
Tour the magnificent Amazon Rainforest and enjoy your holiday in South America. Visit Colombia, Brazil and Peru. Starting point Leticia.
4 Nights & 5 Days
- Discover community-based tourism in Colombia
- Share with Huitoto and Ticuna communities
- Spot rare birds and pink dolphins
- Feast on homegrown exotic produce
Taste exquisite coffees and meet friendly locals in aromatic Quindio, the heart of Colombia´s Coffee Triangle. Enjoy touring Colombia.
3 Nights & 4 Days
- Become a coffee connoisseur
- Ride a horse through wide open pastures
- Explore the charming town of Salento
- Discover Cocora Valley on a Willy´s Jeep
Only a short trip away from Bogota, the Altiplano, is ideal for a rewarding weekend escapade. Discover cultural and community-based tourism.
2 Nights & 3 Days
- Tour Colombia and discover Villa de Leyva
- Get involved in a traditional wool-workshop
- Visit an organic farm in Guasca
- Learn pottery arts from a local family in Raquira
Visit Colombia; from the breathtaking Savanna to the wild Amazon, through charming Quindio and back to Bogota - a complete Colombia travel experience.
11 Nights & 12 Days
- Discover responsible tourism in the coffee region
- Enjoy hiking in Colombia`s highlands
- Travel to the Amazon Rainforest
- Experience cultural tourism in Colombia
Guasca is an underrated spot with lots to offer. It is also the perfect rural location for a short break from Bogota. A great weekend escapade.
1 Night & 2 Days
- Visit an organic farm
- Enjoy hiking in Encenillo nature reserve
- Try your luck at trout fishing
- Hike to the 3 Muisca lagoons of Siecha
Located only a few hours away from Bogota, Villa de Leyva is one of the most iconic and picturesque towns in Boyaca. An ideal rural break.
Day Tour / 1 Night & 2 Days
- Travel to Villa de Leyva
- Meet authentic campesinos
- Play Colombia´s unofficial national game - Tejo
- Enjoy a pottery activity in beautiful Raquira